From Steel Mills to Food Lines, Bridges to Plastics, we are always on the look out for talented individuals to join our team.
You should be an Electrical Engineer and have a minimum of 3 years industry experience, be north Midlands based and happy to travel, a good team player with a knack for project management and have a passion for attention to detail. The work is varied, as a company we specialise in new system design, retrofits and upgrades, and break downs and servicing. If you have experience in all of these areas it would be a bonus, but we are happy to work with and develop the right individuals who can demonstrate a good track record in some of them.
From dealing with customer inquiries, producing quotations, selling modules or designing systems you'll have the opportunity to be involved in projects from start to completion, gaining experience and the satisfaction of showcasing your skills as you go.
If you think you've got what we are looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
Location: North Midlands
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Hours of work: Full time, Permanent. Typically Mon-Fri 8:30am until 5.00pm - some early starts/late finishes may be required depending upon project delivery.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Electrical Engineering Degree qualified.
- Good time and project management skills.
- Fault finding skills.
- A willingness to learn and be a team player.
Email your CV and a covering letter in confidence to Ian.Smith@drivesandautomation.co.uk and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable vacancy.
A leading solutions provider in the Electrical Control Systems sector, specialising in drive systems, we are seeking a highly motivated design engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly skilled team working in a variety of industries. Do you have a passion for engineering?, like a challenge and enjoy seeing a project through the full project lifecycle? If so then we can offer a role where your ideas can be turned into reality.
- Have a passion for engineering and an inquisitive nature
- A degree in electrical or electronics engineering
- Interest in electrical / electronic control system engineering
- In-depth experience of electrical control systems design
- Knowledge of major manufacturer’s drives and control products, eg. ABB, Control Techniques, Rockwell/Allen Bradley and Siemens
- AC/DC Drives integration knowledge
- Motion control application experience
- PLC Programming experience
- Electrical schematic design
- Worked on a number of installations from design to implementation
- Live within a maximum distance of 60 miles of the Company’s offices in North Derbyshire
The role involves hardware and software design of PLC/Drive systems, project management, onsite commissioning etc.
You will be handling a variety of interesting projects for our customers both OEMs and end users. Your involvement will be from the tender stage through to project completion ensuring continuity and ultimate customer satisfaction.
Flexibility of working from home or our office, but you must be within a 1 hour drive from our offices at Staveley Hall.
We offer a class leading remuneration package including a generous base salary, an annual bonus based on the Company’s profits and pension scheme.
How to apply
Email your CV and a covering letter in confidence to Ian.Smith@drivesandautomation.co.uk